1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noob needs help finding rock salt

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by AntMan811, Sep 16, 2015.

1. AntMan811

AntMan811 Junior Member
    from NY/CT

I am looking for a rock salt supplier in or near the Westchester County area of New York. I am looking for 25lb or 50lb bags at a reasonable wholesale price ($2-3 per bag - the cheaper the better). I don't mind buying a pallet at a time, but I do not have the room to store a truckload, nor the means to store "bulk" salt at this time, so it has to be in bags for the time being. In doing my research, I came across a post I believe on this forum where the guy says that he gets rock salt for $1 per bag, but wouldn't reveal his supplier.. I, like many who read his post, think he is full of it. I really would like a supplier who offers delivery, but I will drive for the right deal, or if the freight quote is exorbanent, so suggestions are not limited to Westchester County.. Central NY (Dutchess, Putnam, Rockland, Orange, Ulster Counties, etc.), Eastern CT, Western PA, Northern NJ are all options. Thank you in advance.

2. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

If you find that let me know, cheapest I can find for bagged rock salt is $6 for a 50 pound bag.

Of course if you can store it, the way to go is buy it in bulk loose then you get the price down around there what you are looking for.

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I don't buy bagged but you can try central irrigation or landscaper pro