1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

None Stop motor

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by widj3t, Jan 29, 2008.

1. widj3t

widj3t Junior Member

Hi guys help here would be great. Its -45 here with wind chill Hoping thats my problem but last night i was clearing snow and i noticed the amp gage in the truck was down to 8. so when i decided to check under the hood i noticed that the plow motor was still running. The d/p was not on at all either. Its the 29v series with the Monarch pump on it. I am confused as to why the pump stays on. Only way to have it stop is to unplug the power harnes when i plug it in again even after sitting a while the motor just keeps on going. this does not affect the plows operation in any way but the pump is always on. It did fix it self a couple times when i was re raising the plow. So any takers on this problem.... Thank you in advance......
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

It sounds as if you have a stuck solenoid. I would start there. Continuous running of the pump and motor is not a good thing. Solenoids are relatively inexpensive to replace vs. motors and pumps.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

12v motor solenoid for sure.
  4. widj3t

widj3t Junior Member

12 v solinoide

So you guys are talking about the solinoide (i cannot spell) that controlls the plow. Like I use a ford one when i replaced it last time or is there a different solinoide that i might be missing. I think we are on the same page here but wanna make sure. Thankyou guys
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

The Ford solenoid will work but it is NOT the best solenoid for the plow. A heavy duty winch or a factory solenoid is the best one.
  6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

you can use a western