1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

None Commerical to Commerical?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Ole Tower, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

I*M an Ole guy & this perhaps? Don*t apply to ME? but after our Last Storm I was looking at the Big Boys--Contractors!--plowing the larger Lots & the Differance in Equipment they Use compaired to Us None Comerical Plowers--Graders & Loaders!--I realize most Contractors Do Plowing to Keep their Crews Busy during the Off Months of Constrction & was giving Thought?? to a none COM plower going into COM plowing? --Quite an Upgrade!--from a couple of 4X4s w/Plows to a Loader & other Equipment needed! to Go COM as Most Large Lots are Hauled off so I assume? a couple of Wheeler Dumps would also be a Necessity? Here in MAINE We had a foot or More? & in Pileing! I noticed the Piles seemed higher than Normal? for the same snow fall of yrs Ago! any One else Notice This? & where I Plow for a local Contractor & also Do private plowing on my Own which works out pretty good for ME! as I have ONE Doctors Park I Do for the Co w/ His Truck & asist the Graders that DO the Highways where I clean UP that Pie shaped snow left on intersections thats Hard for the Graders too Do! Time Wise! as I*M the back Up Man that Helps every body when Needed? when any One? gets over tired? Sick? or Hurt? or has a Family Emergancy? Its pretty nice Here as every body Helps One Other w/ out being Asked? kinda like a Big Family? My grand Daughter had a Baby Girl during & in the Middel of our Last Big Storm & when I got Called & Rushed over to the Hospital that I had heard? was Snowed In? as I was apxo 1/2 hour getting there! I saw several of Our Co snow removal equipment Working there Plowing Out the Hospital Lot & knowing Its NOT one of OURS! I was Amazed?? as the CO I work for is from an ajoining Town I saw My Grand Daughter & the New Baby & every thing was Fine as I left a Security Guard stopped ME! &asked? if I owned the CO? NO! I just work for them! Well SIR YOU must be very Important? as When Your Daughter Called & asked for an Ambalance WE infromed Her that WE were Snowed IN & in less than 5 minutes? Out Lot was Full of PLows & Loaders! before the Ambalance Arrived so I thought?? perhaps YOU? Owned the CO! NOPE! I just Work for Them! Well the Hospital would Like to THANK Your CO--thats EASY! just Write Down the INFO on my Trucks Door! Great bunch of GUYS! that I work With! None Better! Ole Tower
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Great story Tower, I'll bet that guard was thinking "heck, even the president of the united states couldn't get service like that,this guy must be a real big wig!" :)
  3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Thats good to know you work with some good people!
    If you wanted to get into big commercial stuff you can lease the stuff from Hertz and still be competitive!
  4. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

None Com To COM

YEH! I work with a Great bunch of GUYS! as most have worked there for over 10 yrs & the BOSS is One Boss that places Family # ONE! I assume? any None COM Plower would need A-1 Credit in order to Lease Equipment? & that would Eliminate most small plowers I know! as even by buying Good Used equipment a couple of Wheeler Dumps a tag a-long trailer & loader would? eat Up $100,000 pretty Quick! & I Dono? about Insurance?? which you would have to Have! as each state is Differant going None to COM would be a Big Jump $$$ wise! even if I were Young! & I*M NOT I*D do a lot of Checking things Out!! before I made such a LEAP? as theres a lot of Home Work to be Done! as you would need a Fuel Depot--a Tire Shop--& an honest Repair Garage just for starters! & a few Big Contracts! just a Thought?? & I*LL leave that Up to You Young Fellers! but I*LL be in Your CHEERING Section! as I like to See every body get AHEAD! Ole Tower
  5. unit28

unit28 PlowSite Fanatic

Young feller?.............
    what's that?
    snot nosed kid.:)

Thanks for the shot of injecting some deep thought,
    I needed that.