1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Non tripping pusher ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by maximus44, Oct 15, 2009.

1. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

Hi all,found a guy who makes snow pushers,talked to the guys who have bought many of them from him,and it seems like it's a great deal.
    I can get a 12pusher with skid steer attachment,steel cutting edge for $2,900 canadian.

Only issue is that the pushers do not trip.
    What do you guys think???
    Thanks in advance,as you guys always seem to have the answer!!

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

ummm well it seems like a good way to put ur self thrugh the windshield of the machine and destroy the lot ur on but hey they will scrape good. snow, pavement, manhole covers, curbs all scrape right up nice.

3. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Wouldn't be my choice but for $2900 hey? Be careful on damage to the machine the project and yourself. As long as you don't plow quickly or hit anything the non trip pusher will be fine.....but if you do its going to hurt something. Usually in a big way. I would buy a new Horst or avalanche before I would spend my money on that non trip unit. Resale is also a big issue. Give it some thought. Cheers Doug

4. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

u could always just swap it over to a rubber cutting edge.

5. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Maybe give Jeff a call and see if has any used steel trip pushers in stock (from trade) that trip. A phone call is cheap and only takes a minute. 519 833 9616

6. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

You can but the salt cost makes rubber prohibitive in Toronto. You have to cut ice here in the Great White North!! tymusic

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i have used a not trip snow push before, and had little problems with it, most important thing to remember is make sure you know the unlevel places in your parking lot, either do those places really slowly or get a skidsteer or truck with a trip blade to do them. enjoy your plowing

8. maximus44

maximus44 Senior Member

Man,I thought I was all set with this pusher thing. $2,900 for a 12 footer is a great price,but I dont wanna break stuff on my skid steers.
    How much slower do u guys think a 10 footer would be?
    I can get HORST pushers for about $2,500

9. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

you well be about 15 to 20 % slower, but if you are worried about breading things maybe it is for the beter, it also makes it easier to transport, a 12ft is getting up there in size, i went with a 10ft non trip push for my loader, and am just going to build it extra deep so i am still pushing large amounts of snow

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

What kind of SS is it? Not to many SS's can handle a 12fter anyway....And there is no way I would run a NON-tripping steel edge pusher, your just asking for it IMO. If the HORST has a trip edge, $2500 sounds like a good price.

11. kickin'a

kickin'a Member
    from Iowa

i am looking at buying a sectional trip edge plow, thinking of a 16' for the payloader

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Go with a Horst and how about the receipt I asked for with your GST#. We've bought close to new tractors off Jefff Stewart and I can tell you from expeirence I wouldn't buy anything used off him because you'll get screwed.

13. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Wow....I have done business with Jeff and before Jeff his father Ed for over 30 years. I can't believe you had a problem. If you don't mind me asking what happenned? We have always had good luck and usually a good price from him too.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's a long story and to be quite frank I'm not one to bad mouth anyone. When someone shakes my hand and tells me they won't screw me and then they do I take it personally. The funny part is my dad told me Jeff was going to do it. Ask Jeff when you see him.

15. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Well I am really sorry to hear about this. I will ask Jeff when I see him as this seems very uncharacteristic of the Stewarts to operate in that fashion. In the past we have had a few deals with the Stewarts that didn't seem to go as well as planned; but in all fairness they have always made good for it at the end of the day. I find this a little confusing. Thanks for the info.