1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

non snow/ice replacement motors

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by suzuki0702, Jan 23, 2011.

1. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

Has anyone searched hi and low for direct fit replacement motors for their spreaders? Ive been lurking DC motor sites but cant find anything close. I know they are out there. Especially for the Snowex products. Im not familiar with other spreaders but my motor is in a sealed case, I'm sure snowex outsources their motors..Maybe I'm drinkin too much coffee.
  2. spaceman12321

spaceman12321 Junior Member
    from midwest

You need to try a good armature/motor repair shop. Try to look one up in your area, but they are probably going to need the motor to match one up or they can rebuild it. If not, you might try shipping it to allen armature in Kansas City, KS. I went in there with a motor for my sno-way plow. $220 for one from the dealer, they sold me a new one for $140. He told me the old one was too toast to rebuild and he would have to start from the case and it wouldn't be worth it.