1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

non-metal ways to plow new colored sidewalks?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sk187, Aug 17, 2015.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

A property I have been plowing for years had a 20 million dollar renovation and now all the sidewalks are going to be 5' wide raised and colored concrete.

I the preseason meeting today they told me we cannot use metal blades or anything that could damage the concrete or leave rust marks.

In the past I have used skid steers with metal blade plows and it works pretty good.

One year I put a piece of poly on the skid steer plow to see how it would hold up and it was down to nothing after just a few outtings.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I have thought about a broom on the skid steer but fear it would not fair well in heavy lake effect snows or any real accumulation.

There is probablya mile of sidewalk when its all said and done.

Thanks

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Brooms?

Or UHMW

3. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Broom for a Skid Steer
    [​IMG]

UHMW? -is that rubber cutting edge?

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

5. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

7. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I watched a guy do the same as you. They use a broom foremost storms. If they get big snow they use the bucket or a snow blower. Both the blower and bucket have urethane edges. The bucket wear bars are even covered with the edges. Than they will broom it to clear it bare. One thing you must also think about is the skidsteer turning and leaving tire marks! They are not easy to get off.