1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noisy Whelen Guardian

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Joel B., Dec 9, 2008.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Works great, nice and bright but boy is it noisy. The motors resonate through the metal roof and are very loud inside the cab. I'm sure it's just par for the course when dealing with rotators but if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
  2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

you think that is bad this monster is worst this has 6 of those rotars

3. Turbo21835

Turbo21835 Junior Member

Simple solution, wife uses it all the time when something rattles or makes funny noises on her truck, Turn the radio up
  4. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Love the old brush truck in the back round!!

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I drove a truck that a 10" round 4 bulb grote and that rotator drove me nuts even more so than a strobe flash back .
  6. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

You can try a very small amout of White Lithium Grease on the gears and where the shaft goes into the motor. WD40 works pretty decent on the inside but make sure you use very very little. If that don't work... Turn up the radio!

I agree that Jeep is SWEET!
  7. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

your pretty much stuck with the noise. Thats how the rotators are. Unless you buy the belt versions. Turn up the radio
  8. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

rubber mounts and back racks thats all o and crank up the heat and radio
  9. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

yup exceptiv never herd of the blet version
  10. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

some of the older federal stuff was chain drive liek the twinsonic and even the aerodynic

as for the jeep it is not a brush truck but a lighting truck thats a generator in the back
  11. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

12. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

put some foam or rubber under it and bolt the rubber to the truck and bolt the light to the rubber to isolate the bar from the roof. this will make it quieter.