1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noisy piston

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by C&H Plowing, Sep 6, 2010.

1. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

I just hooked up to the plow the other day to make sure everything works and when i lift the plow sounds likea noise is coming from the piston, maybe i need to put some oil on the piston when is fully extended. Any ideas it's a ex-75 with extenders

2. mr plowman

mr plowman Junior Member

What i do is push the cylinder down so it has no pressure on chains take packing nut off and put a little plow fluid on the seals it works every time for me if you do it with out removing the nut the oil womt make it past the wiper seal
  3. C&H Plowing

C&H Plowing Member

can i put a backdrag blade with the existing blade? Last year i plowed without the wings and the blade is worn out a bit that when i put the wings on the blade is not even touching the ground. there is a gap about 1/2" between the blade and ground. I only plowed one season with it. Maybe the steel is too soft. Should i get another blade or cut some of the rubber of the wings so the blade is even with the wings.