1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noisy MM2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by HD-tech-NH, Jan 18, 2011.

1. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

I bought my first minute mount over the summer. It is a HD 8' MM2. It is super noisy. A moaning grinding sound whenever a function is activated, with the exception of dropping the blade. The sound is very loud and intermittent. When it is noisy it seems slow and down on power. Any ideas?

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

3. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

4. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

Changed that lower bushing tonight and no luck.. still noisy... Any ideas?

5. 06Sierra

from Maine

When was the last time the fluid was chagned? I had a local guy a couple of years ago tell me his was making some awful noises off and on. Someone told him it was probably moisture in the fluid. He changed the fluid and put a couple ounces of Seafoam transtune in. Said it took care of it. I tried that with mine and it didn't help. I am picking up the bushing tomorrow.

How hard does that bushing come out once you have the motor off and get to it?

6. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

Bushing was tits to get out. Took the motor off and the reservoir, then the pump. I tapped it out from the back side with a drift. The fluid has been changed twice since I bought the plow over the summer. I am starting to think the motor is shot. The bushing changed the sound.. once I've been plowing for 30 minutes or so it just about quits making noise. The good news is I get a great discount at the local Fisher dealer. 10% over cost! I would love more input!

7. 06Sierra

from Maine

That's good to know. Sorry, that's all I have. I'm sure someone smarter than me will chime in.

8. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

Forgot to mention there is a tool available to pull that bushing from the top side. Also the bushing comes as a kit with the o-ring to seal the reservoir and an o-ring for the pump to distribution block port. Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  9. HD-tech-NH

HD-tech-NH Junior Member
    from NH

Put my new motor in yesterday and it works awesome! No more horrible sounds. This summer I do plan to repaint the whole plow and ubdate my suction tube to the newer style with the lockplate.