1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

noisy front end

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snoluvr, Nov 1, 2005.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I have a 2003 250 with supercab and 5.4..lately the front end is squeeking more than normal. I have lubed the shock mounts, springs, bushings, and no change..every time i hit the brakes or go over bumps the whole front end is squeeking..not sure where to loook now.

2. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

Sounds like ball joint problem,, the Superduties are famous for it, if you can get an outside shop to do the work they make replacements that have grease zerks, My 2000 factory equipment joints did not have any.

Probably more prone to failure from plow weight.!!!!

3. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I had a similar noise last year when turning the wheel..turned out to be ball joints..this sounds is especially loud when in a drivethrough..moving a few feet and stopping makes it so loud..not sure what else it could be..these ball joints have only 15,000 miles..

4. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I may have the same problem. When I come to a slow down or stop I can hear a squeaking noise. So, one day I got underneath the truck and pulled on the running board to identify the squeak and it sounded like a bushing that attaches to the leaf springs which is attached to the frame of the truck. That was as far as I got.

5. makplow

makplow Senior Member

puzzeled

:: Hi snoluvr, I bought a truck just like yours new in febuary 03. When I went for my inspection after the first year around 12,000 miles the guy inspecting told me the ball joints were starting to have some play. I wasn`t plowing then either. I thought the guy was crazy. He said it passed but to keep an eye on them. I bring it to the ford dealer for all schedule services, and was never told the ball joints were worn. Two years later. today I brought it for the 30,000 mile service. Told them to check the front end real well because I was going to plow. I Had them replace the front brake pads. when they finnished every thing was in top shape. So I can`t figure that one out:confused: