1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

noisey plastic

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by schoolboy, Feb 25, 2011.

1. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

I just picked up my new gmc 2500hd with a fisher 8.5 hd plow on the way home we could hear a plastic rattlin noise somewhere on the front , mentioned it to one of the plow operators at work he said the school silverado 3500 dually had the same noise when going down the highy at about 65 70 has anyone else had this problem?

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

on the highway it seems like my window rain guard is flapping/making a lot of noise so i took the thing off and it still makes the noise. almost sounds like the window is down a bit but its not

3. Ozark Hillbilly

Ozark Hillbilly Member
    from Misery

Could it be a hose or wire to the plow tapping against the grill? Anything other than that and I would let the dealer worry about it on a new truck.

4. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

Thanks I'll check when I take the plow off. might not be for awhile

5. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

All 3 of my nbs do that. I think its the plastic trim around the wiper arms. You can see it moving on the passenger side when diving on highway worse on windy days but only with the plow on.

6. schoolboy

schoolboy Junior Member

Thanks that sounds like it, always something with a new rig,

7. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

its the rubber strips that are on the outside edges of the windshield... try taping them down and see if noise is gone if so complain too dealer i believe there is a bulletin out from GM too glue or double sided tape these down