1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noise from front when in 4-wheel

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by AJ94RAM, Nov 21, 2008.

1. AJ94RAM

AJ94RAM Junior Member

My 94 ram 2500 makes a popping noise from the front end when you turn, but only in 4 wheel drive. What is this, and approx. How much would this cost to fix. The truck has seen it's better day's and i don't want to keep putting money into it. Put a grand in it before last winter. Has a lot of nickle and dime things wrong, had the connection for fuel line coming out of fuel pump break off, i tapped it, put a brass hose barb fitting in, jb welded it, hooked up fuel hose, working for now. Don't know if i want to plow that way, but don't want to keep sinking money into it.

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Front axle universal. Part is cheap but labour is $$$$

3. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

buy the halfshaft for im sure less than a hundred, they run about 70 on my chevy's takes me about 2 to 3 hours to change depending on how lazy i'm feeling... on mine I pull the lower ball joint apart to get the shaft out, if thats bad it's going to need replacing also which is probly another 20 to 30$. prob, similar to your dodge.

4. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

Ummm, no half shafts on a dodge with a Dana 60 axle up front. ;)

5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Right Ifs chevys are a completely different front end than a dodge 2500. But I agree sounds like a U joint.