1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

noise from dashboard

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by MnM, Dec 21, 2006.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

just installed boss super duty today on a chevy 1500 and ther is a funny noise coming from the dash when the truck is on almost like a buzzing or rattling anyone ever experience this??

2. plowboss

plowboss Member

dashboard rattling

yes, we've been using only chevy and gmc trucks since 1990, every one of them from then to now has some kind of rattling or tapping niose comming from the area where the dash meets the windshield, and only when the plow is on and only noticable when on the freeway, is that an accurate description? to this day its still a mystery.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

If it's with the plow on, sometimes there is a strange noise when the air comes up over it and onto the windshield seals. Mine did it when I had a bug guard on it. My dealer says that if you add anything to the front of them that changes the way the air moves over the hood you get that noise.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

My 2000 Silverado has a bug guard and a plow, makes no noise at all. Neither did my 94 GMC 2500. My just be a GM thing.

5. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

When you buy a GM bug shield it comes with tape for the weather stripping

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I get the same thing with or without the plow. Only driving over 50mph. Sounds like a piece of something is stuck between the windshield and the hood vents, checked like 10 times and still find nothing. It bugs me

7. Rodd1

Rodd1 Member

When you buy a GM bug shield it comes with tape for the weather stripping

8. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Check the flaps by your hood hinges. If that's not it, I have a squeeky blower motor that annoys the hell out of me. The sound comes from under the passenger side dash.

I also have an occasion dash vibration, sounds like an air duct or wire or something is loose under there. I turn up the Bose and ignore it.

9. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

maybe its the radio, do you have a teenager who might have changed the station? The new popular music sounds like a buzzing or rattling.

10. MnM

MnM Senior Member

it sounds like it is coming from the gauges. As soon as I go the plow installed the sound immediatly happened.

11. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I have a noise coming from my dash but it is my speedo cable that makes the noise.Also my last truck made a noise it was the plastic around where the windshield wipers are mounted the platic cover rattled.It was becaus ethe way the air comes over the plow.I know what you are saying those little noises drive me crazy.

RCGM
    Brad