1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noise Concern

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 042500hd, Nov 22, 2008.

1. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

I already did a search and cannot find anything on this.

When I accelerate and let of the gas I hear what sounds like a heat shield vibrating but I also feel the vibration. I'm almost certain it's not anything loose. It happens at any speed above 35mph. If I hit the gas for only a second as soon as I let off I hear and feel it. Also at about 65-70mph it's almost constant. Once I pass 70 noise is gone. At the higher speed I was thinking maybe road noise that I'm not used to as I did just have new Geolanders installed. The noise only lasts for a couple of seconds and is gone. If it may be a sign of something serious to come I'd like to nip it now so I can plan for it rather than have it surprise me later. This is happening on my '07 GMV 2500 HD Classic with 53k. Thanks for your thoughts.

2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Do you feel it in the wheel or the seat?

I would check the U-joints in the driveshaft as a place to start looking.

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe your fenders are going to fall off .. JUST KIDDING ...Take a look at your fan shroud or if you have skid plates under the engine ...Even the fan it self... As the fan clutch takes a few seconds to catch up to engine speed and the opposite when you let up on the pedal....Just a Thought...

4. Riccas

Riccas Member

I've always had this noise on my GMC gassers... look for a shield around the exhaisy manifolds on drivers and passanger side. that is the likely culprate.

5. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. :)

6. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

No problem, just do us all a favor and let us know what the problem was when you get it figured out.