1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noise complaints?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gotgetter, May 29, 2001.

1. gotgetter

gotgetter Banned

Yeah, another question,
    This question is more for residentials then commercials. Does anyone ever run into problems with complaints when plowing/snowblowing/shoveling at 3am ?
    Especially when properties are close together.
    Seems that if the customer themselves didn't complain for waking them up, that a neighbor might. Is this ever a problem?
    Thanks again.

Jonathan

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

I don't know where you are located, but around here it is such a common thing, and people just take it for granted. I think I worry about it more than they do. However, now I have a urethane edge on both front and back blade, so it is a "non-issue". They are quiet!

Last edited: May 29, 2001
  3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Last winter I used my big John Deere snowblower to clear several driveway for every storm. There was a few times that I cleared the snow late at night but it did not cause any problem. All my customers slept well and never knew that I was there until the next morning when they woke up and are suprised to see their driveway cleared. There was also several times at night that I was shoveling but it never woke up my customers. I use a strong poly shovels. Steel shovels make more noise. I never have a plowing experience but I am fairly sure that the steel edge do make some noise but I heard that urethane edge make less noise than steel.