1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Noaa Should Hire Animals

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Vaughn Schultz, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

In follow up to http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=42807 The thread that we all laughed at, two weeks later I find its pretty amazing the way that animals do that. A week and a half ago the animals pack up and leave and long b hold hell freezes over shortly after:rolleyes:

So my question is: How do they know?

Are you telling me that they can some how predict the future ? hey this is goose im getting a pretty bad feeling about the cold moving in, Roger Ice Man were moving south
    I mean what the hell ? Did humans not get that gift? Or maybe we have it but we never take the time to listen or pay attention? To many I pods and Flux Capacitors these days :rolleyes:

Maybe they phone ahead like with carrier pigeons or the pony express? Well, no that wouldn't make any sense because if one goose called another goose and said hey its 40 below up here you all should head out. What is that goose still doing there ?

Maybe they network with other animals like the penguins. Hey this is Happy Feet 32, sending a shout out to all my southern friends we got cold air moving in

I just don't get it :p

penguinsjpeg.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

It is close or at minus 10 degree here. Been cold like this for a few days.

As I was pushing the dog out the door this afternoon I saw a flock of geese of maybe 150 -200 birds flying northwest.

Maybe they are planning on warmer air soon.

Personally I would like to still be pushin snow in May.