1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No weak bumper for me!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by scottL, Apr 5, 2008.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I thought I could have waited until the season was over to get a real bumper before the obvious were to happen. It happened and of course the stock rear bumper made of plastic and spring metal gave in like a drunk prom date - 2k worth of damage. A real bumper might have only taken a scratch :gunsfiring: In any case dig the new i-beam :salute:

Side 2500hd CC.JPG

side rear 2500hd CC.JPG

rear 2500hd CC.JPG

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Looks good man let me guess the stock chevy bumper bent into the quarter pannels??? I have seen that happen many times.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

where did you get that looks pretty sturdy.

4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Looks like that would count as ballast too!!!

What's the brand name on that?????? I am shopping for one now.

Thanks
    Mike :salute:

5. scottL

The stock one weighed what seemed like 40 pounds when I flipped it. This one is around 150'ish.

It's from a company called www.fabfours.com made in the ussmileyflag

I actually bought it through one of their online retailers ( www.topguncustomz.com ) which saved on shipping and the original cost - I had it in 5 days! It's not cheap but, considering even a tiny nudge will happen again ... it will be a savings over eating a bumper and fender again. ( btw stock bumper was around $800 ). I also had the back and bottom lineX.

I did check out several others. This bumper was the only one the retained all of the stock mounting points for all items, solid build and great email/phone support.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good Scott. An excellent upgrade from the notebook paper stock bumper.

FabFours makes a ton of nice stuff.

7. ZoomByU

ZoomByU Member

looks good, where in west chicago? I grew up in Carol Stream.

8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That looks good

9. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

that is just awesome!!

10. earnies2

earnies2 Senior Member

Cool bumper hay i've seen that truck that's one of those $70.000 chevys on ebay only in white LOL when you see the post i'm referring to you'le laugh.....ussmileyflag

11. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

NICE BUMPER FABFOURS HAS SOME EXCELLENT UPGRADES OUT THERE:drinkup:

12. scottL

a tad NW of 64 and Powis rd. It looks more like st. charles than west chicago on a map.

13. scottL

Rest assured it was not 70K payup - I saw that ebay listing ... there's just no way any total option package would bring the price that high.

BTW ... I've been bugging fabfours.com to craft a stock profile front bumper with out winch and more stock tire profile consideration, yet still tough and tough looking that will take into consideration a plow. All of the current front bumpers on the market totally ignore this concept which I think might be a bigger market for them.

14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Same here Scott, I'm somewhat surprised that thier isn't more aftermarket front bumper choices by now that would be compatible with snow plows...as well as trucks running reasonable size tires/lifts.

15. duff daddy

duff daddy Senior Member

good thing you got the 2500.. haha

16. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

what kinda bar you got on top ?? looks stealthy ...

17. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

That is sweeeet! I'm in the same boat right now-banged up 1/4 panel & bumper. I may have to take the $375 the insurance will give for a stock replacement and upgrade myself!
    The bumper on my truck is ALWAYS takin' a beatin'!!!:nod:

18. scottL

It's the generic led bar. It has 14 led modules and works great. There are a number of inet companies who sell them under different names. It's similar to a code 3 but, with more modules. ( as a side note there has been many discussions on these bars under the strobes and lightbar sections - it's nearly a holy war type discussion so, well leave it there )

19. scottL

Yup. The insurance company will bid it low because the bumper is actually a sectional - I think 8 pieces of a puzzle. So, they only quote pieces. Once it gets to the body shop and they start pulling it apart they will call your insurance company and get it re-quoted.

My body shop specializes in custom work and they tried to see about strengthening the oem - no go on that idea.

20. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Nice...

Thats a nice bumper....set you back around a grand or so I'm guessing...those are nicely made...