1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No vaccum to the controler

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rgrimes945, Feb 10, 2007.

1. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

My problem is I can't get the defrosters or anything else to work blower works good just can't get the air to move around.

Ray Grimes

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What truck? If it's one of the 80's Chevy's in your sig I can help. Did this problem just start or did you buy the truck this way? How did you determine that you have no vacuum at the heater controller?

3. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

heater problem

it was like that when I got it. I replaced the controler but it did nothing to help it and yes it's an 85 chev 4x4 k 20

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, since the HVAC system on this truck is vacuum controlled then this has to be a A/C equipped truck. If you have no vacuum at the control panel the first thing to check is the vacuum supply hose under the hood.Look around on the firewall for the vacuum reservoir canister.It's a black plastic round shaped thing about the size of a softball.Once you identify it, look on it for TWO vacuum line's.One come's off the canister and goes through the firewall and inside the truck.The other should run along the firewall and go to the intake or carb base on the engine.This is the line that feed's vacuum to the control system.Many of these line's get disconnected and forgotten during an engine swap so they may not even be there so that may be your whole problem.If the line is there on the engine, it may just be connected to an incorrect port.It need's constant engine vacuum to work and if it's hooked to ported vacuum instead it won't work properly.

5. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

checking

ok, I'll look at that in the morning and see if thats my problem.
    Ray