1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No used Blizzards anywhere!?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by mr hydroseed, Dec 13, 2009.

1. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

I bought a sweet 03' Dodge 2500 Diesel this summer and I can't find a used 810 in NH, MA, ME, or CT? Theres maybe 1 810 selling on ebay in the whole country? I found a rusty used/used one for a Chevy for $3000, is that priced about right? I already have an old 810 for my 96' but it needs a little help and its staying on that truck. It seems like a yr ago there were plenty of them around, what gives? Is it because the new ones aren't as good? I'd be willing to search for a mount and buy a plow setup for another truck. Maybe the $3k one is it? How much is a new one going for? Thanks.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Allentown, PA craigslist there is a like new one for $3800 or there abouts.

3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

2500 my place 4 years old

4. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Yep there selling like hot cakes. I picked up a pretty rusted one 2 months ago for $2300. Needs about $1k worth of work to be like new.

And yes it is because the new ones are not as good. There is a very strong following of the old style 810. Heck i know people who are shipping them all of the country and paying for it just to get one. If you can find one, buy it! Heck buy all you can see and put them storage. Their used prices are only going up.

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'm in the same boat. I'll probably end up waiting until spring to pick one up at this point though.

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Call Jerres service in Erie PA, but wait until after tuesday, Jerres mom just passed away and he won't be in the shop till mid week.

Mike

7. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

And they have been getting hammered with snow. Hes normally not around when the snow starts flying.

8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Mr. Hydroseed, I've been seeing one on 125 in Brentwood, I thought it was an 810 but my friend looked at it and they told him it was an 8611. From driving by I didn't think it looked that big, but maybe it's a lo-pro. I think my friend said they wanted $2000 for it, no idea what comes with it or what truck it was on. I can find out for you and get a phone number if you want.

9. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

Blizzard

YES PLEASE!!! Theres an 810 on craigslist on 125 in Kingston, but they want $3000
    I was maybe considering a new 8100pp cause I can't find anything, but I've never bought new in my life but $5195 installed doesn't sound too bad???? mrhydroseed@yahoo.com

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I have an 8611 lopro Im looking to unload, all new cutting edges Im in Maine not to far from you. pm me me if interested I can get you some pictures.

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  12. Detroitdan

Sorry, I couldnt get there to check it out today, was crazy busy. I will definitely get the info tomorrow. I saw the one on CL you were talking about for $3000, I thought it looked pretty good. I think that's the one on a 2003 3500 they have for sale. I want that truck so bad, crewcab dually duramax for $23k. I'm only about $22,5 short, anybody want to loan me a few bucks?

13. lilweeds

News how much for the LP?

14. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

3000 its a 2006 model but was new October 2008 new cutting edges and all pushes plates and wiring from an 08 f550 included

15. Detroitdan

Bad news Mr. Hydroseed. I checked on the one in Brentwood, it is not for sale. They did actually have another one for sale but it was sold already. I just assumed because I saw it in their lot that it was the same one they were selling.

16. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

17. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

18. lilweeds

19. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

I know but it's O.B.O. it mite take a wile tho before they are reasonable

20. Detroitdan

Holy crap! I can get one installed for $5195. Do they really think they'll get close to five for that? And if they paid $7k, I gotta wonder if they are exaggerating that to raise the price, or did they just get royally screwed?