1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Turnover, K3500, 2000, V 7.4/454

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by vjsimone, Aug 17, 2015.

1. vjsimone

vjsimone Junior Member

Truck did not turn over this morning, dash & Daytime lights come on, then nothing, starter not engaging. Battery, NEW & charged up.

Going to check starter solenoid when the sun comes up.
    Going to see if I can collect any codes if I can.

Truck is new to me, any common issues related to this issue? Thanks

:confused:

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Starter, park reverse switch, wiring etc....

3. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds stupid, but wiggle the shifter as you turn the ignition to crank position. Lots of guys use the steering wheel to help themselves into the truck. Makes the column loose, and misaligns everything.

4. vjsimone

vjsimone Junior Member

Ok lads, thanks, it was the starter. Yea, checked the neutral safety, starter relay, solenoid would click, started was not turning. New starter in, starting like new. (PITA on the connections) Thanks again.....

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

The small starters don't give a sign there going, one day they just don't work. I hope you put in a new one and not a reman.

6. vjsimone

vjsimone Junior Member

Yes, installed a new one, yes, smaller than I expected. Nice looking aluminum right out of the box.....

Not even a hint, was leaving for a 4 day trip, out early, and BAM, no turnover. Postponed a day, but glad it happened in my front yard than some pit-stop along the way.

Bracket was held on with some miniature spline socket screws ... What was that all about......

Have a spare for the trip now, plus a spare alternator.... That will be next...