1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no truck lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Randy h, May 3, 2012.

1. Randy h

Randy h Junior Member
    from 53944

I have a 4 port 3 plug Iso module removed from a 1995 2500 chevy truck. I installed it on a 1996 chevy 3500 with daytime running lights. With the plow connected, everything seems to work fine. I have daytime running lights on the plow and high and low beams on the plow. With the plow disconnected, i have the daytime running lights on the truck, but no high or low beams. The plow is a unimount with a 11 pin plug. If i disconnect the power lead to the iso module, the truck lights work normally.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I do not want to install a switch on the Iso module if i do not have to.

thanks.
    Iso module is a 26134 rev 1: service part number F26400.

2. dab

dab Junior Member

If the blue DRL wire from the western harness is connected to something, (park lights?) disconnect it.
    It should onlt be connected on vehicles with seperate DRL lights like '99 to '06 GM's

3. dab

dab Junior Member

Sorry Randy - I was going off of memory. It looks like the DRL input lead is pink.
    On your vehicle it should not be connected.

4. Randy h

Randy h Junior Member
    from 53944

I do not have the pink wire connected to anything. I can hear the Iso module click over once i turn on the headlights. i tried reversing the wires to the headlights and that did not work.

I am at a loss on this one.

5. dab

dab Junior Member

Wiil your truck lights work if you unplug the harness from module port #2 ?
    Will your control power up without having the plow plugged in?

6. view_sonic

view_sonic Junior Member

im having the same problem now.. :(

7. view_sonic

view_sonic Junior Member

The main harness connector plug has a fairly common failure mode, where the terminals burn up - this can be on either the high or low beam.. it is the harness that had a terminal burnt up..