1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Tow Hooks with New Fisher MM2

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Nozzleman, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I just picked up my 2010 Ram 2500 after having a new Fisher 8' HD installed. I was bummed to see my tow hooks removed. The dealer said they would not work with the plow mounting brackets.

I put the hooks back on the truck without the support brackets that go to the frame. I guess the tow hooks are just cosmetic now.

Any issue with using shackles into the push plates if I need to get or give a tug?

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I see guys all the time trying to pull from the front, I'm not saying it can't be done 85% of the time but you'll get better traction an it's easier on your trans to pull from the back. Never used a tow hook on any of my trucks.

3. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I agree with pulling from the rear. I have a nice shackle mount that fits into my receiver hitch to use when pulling from the rear. My fear is I will be stuck someday and the only way to pull the truck will be from the front.

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Theres some guys here that, in the summer, put D-rings in their pushplates.

5. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Thanks. I wouldn't leave the shackles hanging there but it would work if needed,

6. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Any pics of the new rig?

7. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I'll post some pic's in the picture forum within a week or so. The plow is not at my house right now so I can't photograph it.

8. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

With any luck youll get to put it to good use next wednesday!

9. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I hope we get 12" but as of now it's looking like rain or snow showers at best. Oh well, I'll fluid film the plow, throw a lock on it, and she'll look brand new for next year.

10. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

We're on the map now. Its in the thread for SNE

11. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 Senior Member

I use the plow mounts all the time for pulling, i just use a shackle and you want to pull straight if possible or you can bend the mount. If the mount gets bent you can just tap it back in place with a sledge hammer. Mine get used the most when pulling on a tree with a snatch block, using the front i can more easily see the cutter and what the tree is doing.

12. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Here is what I made for the off season. It ties the mounts together and allows a ball or hooks in the receiver. I made a thread somewhere here showing the complete build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]