1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No start, no spark

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by obrut, Nov 6, 2003.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I have a 94 full size blazer k1500 with a 5.7 It used to run but now it wont. It was running fine, then i started it later and it was running bad. Then the next day it wont start at all. The fuel pump is working, i put new wires, plugs, cap and rotor and fuel filter. I tried the coil and module out of my 90 1/2ton with no luck. The white and pink wires going to and coming from the coil have power. But the coil is not putting out and spark. Any ideas?

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Check at the coil again for pulsing power while cranking.If you get a pulse,it's the coil,or something else in the secondary ignition system,like a bad coil wire,cap\rotor,etc.

If you get no pulse,then it's most likely on the primary side,like the module,pickup coil,or EST.

3. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

how do you check for pulsing power? I have brand new cap, rotor and wires on it, i even tried and different cap and rotor.

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Use a test light,you'll see it flicker,or flash.

5. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

anyone know were i can get a distributor for a 94 blazer with a 5.7 in IL?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2003
  6. mrzulu

mrzulu Junior Member
    from florida

put it on a diagnostics unit... sounds like throttle body is not getting signal from fuel module consequentley the engine computer... i just had the same prob with a 96 lumina... fuel module and EST were both fried... engine runs... great spark and smooth run, but injectors had no pulse thus no fuel injected... just a thought... again i could be wrong

7. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

i got it, it was the distributor one of the pickups broke off. Now i just need to adjust the timing but i can't find the wire the i'm supposed to disconnect to set it.