1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No start after pump wires fry

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by MickiRig1, Jan 24, 2005.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

A late 90's Dodge / 2500 / gas / single battery / Myer e47 plow
    A friend of mine had his cable from the battery to the solenoid then to the pump motor fry. ( I am thinking pump motor's toast ) Now the truck will not start, think a fusible link fried too? I have all Fords, but I imagine Dodge uses the same styles of wiring systems.
    I have not had a chance to look at it yet but that was my thoughts on it so far. He is freaking out too, my truck just popped it's tranny in the big storm Saturday! So I am out of service till it's fixed sometime next week.

2. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

check the fuses in the engine compartment, drivers side, black rectangular plastic box. You may have blown a fuse here.

3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I suppose they have done away with them by now, not sure, but older ones had a ballast resistor that could blow and you couldn't start them. Links and fuses would be where I'd look first too.

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It would not start because the battery was fried along with the pump cables and the brand new solenoid!
    The motor on the E-60 lift shorted out and fried all that stuff when his employee went to lift the plow. Not only did he luck out and have the truck not burn up, he then got the pump off with an adjustable jaw wrench and a pair of pliers. And the rebuilt motor was $89 for the pump,what a deal!