1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ljbev, Jan 31, 2008.

1. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

First year in 75 years no measurable snow on Long Island for Jan. Thank the snow gods we play it safe and save money from prev year to pay insurance and refuse to overextend.

Plenty of trucks for sale around here.

2. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

None here in Central NJ either. I thought there was snow on eastern Long Island a couple of times this year...No?

3. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

in dec not January and most of those were predictions that did not materialize

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Don't worry guys, there's still lots of winter left.:drinkup:

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Scott, I heard the same thing today on the news. Hopefully we will get that 6-10 on feb. 10. I hope we get something, i have to atleast use my plow atleast once this year. We have 2 months to go, well see what happens.

6. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

all we have done for the past 2 1/2 weeks is salt and regular work. no SNOW it starts to get to ya.

7. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Tell me about it. Last time I plowed was 2 weeks ago. This year started out better then last year but its back to the same as last year NO SNOW:cry:

8. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

:cry:Sux don't it? At least you guys out in midwest have a nice little storm to play with:cry:

We've been keeping busy with the firewood. xysport wesport

9. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I think its just us guys in the northeast here. The rest of them are playing in the snow in the midwest:rolleyes:

10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

this is the worst winter i will not buy a 40k truck

11. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I will be lucky to pay off all my debt by the end of this winter. I will break even for this year. And to think I was going to but myself a new 2008 Jeep Liberty if it was a good year. Well the lack of snow screws us for another year:gunsfiring:

12. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

December was great, then nothing, just a few salting trips. Could use the money to pay off the bills from the holiday. Hopefully in Feb we will get hit like last year.:jester:

13. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

That would be nice. Lets hope that February makes up for the dead January.

14. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I have been very prepared for this season. Not any more. I am putting the plow behind the boat and hiding the salter in the back of the garage. No new tires for the truck either.:cry:

15. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

I just got back from salting. But anyway, future-cast is showing getting cold from Feb 8th, and maybe a big storm the 10th:redbounce payup

16. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Not everyone in the midwest... I haven't pushed snow (for reals) since the end of December.

I too am working on the firewood... been chasing leads, sold out of our supply 2 weeks ago, now trying to find stuff that's not for sale, but's for sale, if you know what I mean.

17. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I saw on the news last night that in Minneapolis we got 18.? " in Dec. and got a total of 2" in January. The worst part is the 2" in January came 1/8" at a time so there was no billable snow events :cry:. Little salting but thats about it.

18. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Where are you from? I keep thinking that I see you driving around lmao

19. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Yup know EXACTLY what you mean.:realmad:

20. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Upstate NY near Klaverack