1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No snow yet again

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Groundskeepers1, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Groundskeepers1

Groundskeepers1 Junior Member

Any of you familiar with Michigan, will you please answer this question for me? Why does the snow or ice for that matter not want to come east of say 99 and south of 94? Then once it skips right over every property i have it starts snowing in Ann Arbor? I'm starting to think i have some kind of a Gypsy curse, no joke.

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

God I'm getting sick of people bitching about the lact of snow....Get a hobby or something. :rolleyes: :dizzy:

3. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i am so sick of all the bitching about no snow, there is nothing you can do about it. :dizzy:

4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

what do you expect from such a seasonal biz? This is why i stress seasonal contracts.... the less it snows or gets icy, the less i go out and the more i make. I made more money this year than i ever have. payup I think its funny, im laughin all the way to the bank

5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

thats what I do, build turbocharger based turbine engines

6. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

IMO, if you want to make any money here you have to have salting on your contracts and mix in some seasonal. I can count the number of 2" storms on one hand so far this year, but there have been over a dozen times where we have just salted (municipal...an NO not like IDOT, actual slick road conditions)
    For me personally as an example I get $100 for spreading 250 lbs (5 bags) of rock salt on a parking lot. Total time including driving from 30 minutes.

7. jacob land and

jacob land and Member

yea i havent made a dime since about 5 1/2 weeks ago, im getting ready for spring. its good to talk to someone local

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

dont feel bad guys, hell we are having sever thunderstorms right now and a tornado warning.

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Relaxxysport Lake effect snow is on its way.
    I'm on the north shore of Lake Superior,by Duluth and The winds are out of the NE at 10 to 15 mph the High temp is 9f , It is setting up for south shore snow, just thought you would want to know:waving:

10. Groundskeepers1

Groundskeepers1 Junior Member

To everyone who thinks i was bitching about a it not snowing period, i wasn't. My main complaint is that every time i have gotten excited because i see snow coming across the radar it seems to skip right over me, i feel like I'm in a trailer park on tornado ally. I also do have seasonal contracts, and more hobby's than i'd care to. Yet I'm still one of the crazy guys that likes to be out all hours of the night, up for 40 hours straight plowing, its just my thing.... load up the dog and go. I'm not complaining, i'd just like to play in the snow a little more this year.