1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No snow plow prep on my 01 2500 HD duramax

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sparky211, Oct 10, 2010.

1. sparky211

sparky211 Junior Member
    from Maine

I have an '01 Chevy 2500 HD ext cab with duramax/allison combo. I have the lighter of the 2 axle ratings (4670 vs 4800). When looking at Fisher website and talking with dealers, they dont recommend the 8' HD plows bc im so close on the weight rating. Is that really a concern? I do plan to put Timbrens in the front and prob bring the torsion bars up. I dont want to buy a plow set up for the truck and have problems. Anyone got any feedback on if I should do this or not. I sold my old truck and this is also my daily driver. I guess you could consider my plowing light commercial. I do less than 10 residential driveways and a small gravel road.

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't sweat it. Myself and many others here run heavy plows on their Dmaxes. I run 8'6 MVP's on my crew cabs and no probs. That's plowing heavy commercial. I wouldn't put anything less than an 8' plow on that truck. You'd be running over unplowed snow turning with a 7'6 plow. Not to mention the weight difference is like 15lbs.

Not putting bigger plows on trucks is like having a weight capacity in the cab as well. Does that mean overweight people aren't allowed to plow snow? LMAO

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010