1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Snow / Low Snow amounts / USM

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Boss23, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Boss23

Boss23 Junior Member

With the low snow amounts we have had this month hows it going with you guys that are plowing WalMarts? I read that if you dont get enough snow fall you will get a cut in pay. Its bad enough not making any money because it isnt snowing but then the little you did make they are taking back. Was just woundering how thats going.

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Well its been a week since a USM thread has popped up.:rolleyes::popcorn::popcorn:

3. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

Why are you worried about it,

4. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I agree.

Who ever signed up with Walmart or USM knew what they were signing up for and did it with there eye's open, it's really none of our business unless one of the party's screws the other and they want to warn us.

5. Boss23

Boss23 Junior Member

Not sure that I posted that I was worried about it. Just woundering thats all. Sorry if I touched a nerve with you.

6. big acres

big acres Senior Member

400 views of this post and only 3 replies... guess we are sick to death of usm talk.

OP -you probably didn't realize that your subject has been beaten to death for several months now.

My guess is that if you search usm in a couple of months you will find how and if they paid:confused:

7. ConnorExum

ConnorExum Senior Member

I have question what USM?

8. 90w250mm

90w250mm Member
    from indiana

USM contract info

A very good friend of mine got a contract with USM for a Toys R' Us plaza and he told them that the only way they would do it is to sign a bare pavement contract, they have to plow at 1" and then salt and sand mix. But they said Bare Pavement contract or NO contract for anyone that cares

9. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Bid on a Walmart twice, however it was through them not a property management company, never seen no clause for a "roll back" in pay if there was nt enuf snow. Maybe just a nasty rumour.

10. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Almost wonder if it's all b.s. So others don't bid on walmarts because they are so bad.:D

11. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

It's not BS its true. The problem with this is typically when you have a low plow month or season you usually have a higher salt number. I find that If we didnt do the amount of plows we planned for in the seasonal contract, we usually have done more salts than we planned for so it just washes everything out. With a USM contract they bank instead of you

12. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Man this conversation is worn out !

13. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Its all in the disgraceful usm plowing contract. If your area receives less than average annual snowfall (they bump it up by 10"), 20% of your annual contract revenue is deducted from your final check.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707