1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No SNOW in the mid atlantic

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gmack616, Jan 6, 2005.

1. gmack616

gmack616 Member

well some of yall might remember me from back in the beginning of december.
    i was thinking about starting my own plow company and thought i had a good plan to break even the first year. well i decided not to go for it and GOD am i thankful! Its jan 5th and we havent gotten an inch of snow. i took the money i had to drop on a plow and went south. I've been in miami and the bahamas the last couple weeks and have been having a blast... thanks alot guys and have a :drinkup: on me.... enjoy a few pics i took.

2. gmack616

gmack616 Member

3. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Who is that lady? is she yours? Your lucky! :drinkup:
  4. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Looks like your having a good time, but come on guys isn't plowing just as fun as having a nice vacation and relaxing on a beach in the sun? Or am I the only deranged person that thinks that :confused:
  5. gmack616

gmack616 Member

im sure its fun... but we still havent gotten a drop of snow this winter in the D.C. / baltimore area.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Hey Gmack that was a wise move on your part. I bought my Boss back in September but told the wife that we would not plan on the money from plowing ( If I made any this year ) to pay bills and get us through the winter. But that it would be extra money to pay down bills or put aside for vacation in the summer.
    For your sake you better hope that we dont get 18" of the white stuff dumped on us in Northern VA cuse you'll be kickin your but big time. LOL

But serioursly I do hope we get at least two plowable events this winter. I've just been itching to get that plow moving on the ground and not in the air!!!

Have a good one.

7. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I was kidding, I'd love to be on the beach right now. especially now, its -25 celcius right now. My wife and I usually do a big trip in the late summer or fall, when I start to feel burned out from landscaping etc. Hope your trip was a blast.
  8. SteveVB

SteveVB Member

Its only January- the biggest snows in DC come Feb and Early March purplebou , so there's still plenty of weather left to get a few events in before you can give up. I went to check on some stuff in the Outerbanks on Friday and it was 60 when I left- came back and it was 38 so things are changing-fast. I do think it will be a below average year though- I think 10 events is normal average.

That white sand looks really good though... really, really good :cool:
  9. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

Man, I love Palm trees, Sand, and Bikinis.

I love snow too.

If I die and go to heaven, I hope it's a big island with nothing but parking lots and snow on one side, and warm sandy beaches on the other. :drinkup:
  10. I was in Fredrick, MD last weekend and was surprised there had been little or no snow. The day I left Detroit we had just gotten 6 or so inches and then I go to MD and no snow!

Nice cruise pics! Royal Caribbean, eh? Looks like the ship I've been on.