1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Snow in the 7 day forecast....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowzilla, Dec 26, 2005.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Don't you just hate it when the seven day forecast does not reveal snow? The only good thing is the weatherman cannot get a three day right!! So I guess it will be snowing by Saturday then. So no snow means snow, you know!!

I guess I'm bored!!:dizzy:
  2. PlowingHD

PlowingHD Junior Member

The Plow is the answer!!!

Just take off your snowplow, GUARANTEED TO SNOW !!:redbounce :bluebounc

JPMAKO Senior Member

They have been off for a week:cry: :cry: :cry:

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I take off the plow and don't put it on again till the snow's ankle deep and still coming down. Just check the forecast a few times a day and learn to read the maps and radar. Just be ready for it to snow, it can pop up when they say it's just random flurries! I have gone to bed with nothing,the cell phone rings and we have 4 inches 4 hours later.
  5. nekos

nekos Senior Member

sorry to burst your bubble but the weather channel is predicting a large snow fall on friday / Saturday for chicago ... that mean's another week with no snow.

PS. in chicago the weather men can't predict the weather a half hour in advance much less a week.
    they are what 0 for 6 this winter ???
  6. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Yes I hate it. The past 4 days it has rained like 1.5in. Thats 15" of snow I could have plowed, and theres another inch of rain coming within the next 2 days, so that could be another 10 inches.

If it was snow i'd be tired, but rich. LOL
  7. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

The National Weather Service is also predicting a Major event this weekend for Northwestern Illinois. I'll wait this time to put the plows on. I had everything all ready to go for the "Christmas Eve snow" but we all know that one fizzeled out.
  8. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

:cry: :( :realmad: more rain for ct this is not good
  9. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

More skiing time for me..:drinkup: :drinkup:

Still laying salt every morning with temps hovering around the freezing point. Alot of ice this morning.
  10. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Nothing but rain here, I'm heading to the cottage with friends for New Years then... ;)
  11. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

All of my customers are under seasonal contract, so I'm getting paid as we speak, haven't had the plow on my truck in almost 2 weeks :bluebounc

but the snowmobiles haven't seen much use :gunsfiring:
  12. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I never watch the weather channel. They can't even get yesterdays weather right!! I'll watch Tom Skillen tonight, he's probably the best we got.
  13. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you watch the weather channel "local on the eights"your just getting the National Weather Service forcast word for word.
    We depend on the temp, if it's below freezing-->snow, if it is not it rains. I don't worry about it, it's nothing I can change.
  14. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

We haven't had snow in Mass since the 9th of December. Just rain, and we are supposed to get more rain tomorrow and Saturday. Thanks fully it look like they are calling for some snow next tuesday. I haven't even been able to snowmobile up north. Maine and NewHampshire don't have much snow either. :cry: I hope January proves to be a better month for my wallet!payup
  15. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Yep... so far I've had 6 snow events, and my contracts would have averaged out for 6 times.

I'm set up on 18 snow events / year, or 3 / month.

In November I had 3 in one week, which were BARELY 1.5", so I plowed, and 3 in December in one week.

I don't get rich if we have ALOT of snow, but I also don't have to worry when we don't get ANY snow.
  16. SnowIsGood

SnowIsGood Junior Member
    from eastern

Rain in Erie PA

We are suppose to have rain for next week. We shall see. Everything can change with the wind up here. :dizzy:
  17. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

Just have patience....The snow will come. I glad we had this warm up to melt some of these big piles. We will be fine it's IL and the weather changes by the hour....so in the mean time get your gear ready..
  18. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

We are having thunderstorms here right now. :rolleyes:
  19. Frostysnow

Frostysnow Senior Member
    from oh

same here young pup. i just saw jim gahnal on the columbus weather say there isnt gonna be any for more weeks. Sorry guys, its my fault. I just bought a plow truck on friday. Basically that means we wont get anymore snow this year:gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :dizzy: :angry:
  20. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member