1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No snow in forecast. What do you do??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by NW Snow Removal, Jan 11, 2010.

1. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

Just finishing stacking the salt and we are all stocked up waiting for the weather to pick back up. We are considering renting a few snow making machines and driving around to our parking lots and creating some man made snow. You think the clients will question why they got snow, but didn't see it in the forecast?? I think this could be a great profit source for our company. :jester:
  2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

You usually get good forecast runs from your guy NW Snow! Anything more in January or are we waiting for February?
  3. turb0diesel

turb0diesel Senior Member

looks like saltings if anything...
    waiting to see what feb. brings us :popcorn:
  4. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I cleaned all of the machines inside and out, made sure everything was lubed, changed oil in the truck, tried to pay all of the bills (unsuccessfully) and I have been doing snow dances everyday.

I did put bids in on three basement finishes and two driveway regrades. At least I feel like I have done something productive.

No snow predicted for us for at least the next two weeks.
  5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I make sure our prep/repair/maintenance list is handled, salt bins are full,trucks are fueled and I try to sell summer work, and rest, eventually it'll snow again, we'll feel like we were dragged behind a bus for a mile and will look back and say when it didn't snow for a week striaght I actually slept like a normal human being and didn't feel like a worried wreck for days!!! It brings at least some peace!!
  6. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

Bring your snow maker west of you... looks like I could use it too!

What to do... go through equipment, clean & maint if needed. Bookwork, catch up on sleep :sleeping: and there is a 3 day deer season coming hee hee hee:gunsfiring::gunsfiring:
  7. Stan

Stan Senior Member

LOL I thought I was the only one doing snow dances. Tell all my drivers at the end of each storm to do so. The first time I said it they looked at me as if I had 3 heads. So just the other day I call one of the drivers to ask what he was doing..."I'm in my back yard naked doing snow dances" Made me laugh for 3 days.

Anyway personelly I'm catching up on maintaining the fleet. Been pretty fortunate with breakdowns knock on wood. Seems like issues on the last hour of the storm. This past storm a minor transmission shifting problem...pulling the tranny today and since I'm there the clutch will be replaced as cheap insurance. The issue before that was a GM 4wd actuator but that was an easy fix.