1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Snow? I know why.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BRIMOW525, Jan 5, 2002.

1. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

I know why theres been no real snow amounts for the northeast. Its because everyone is either very ready. Or theres just too many new rigs out there that need to be paid for. So heres the plan, put some 2cyl. gas in your snow blowers (if its a 4cyl.) run 'em like that till they blow, slice a couple of hydro lines. Blow a couple of fuses that control the plow, return all the salt and other materials you bought to be ready. And lastly flaten all the new snow tires you bought for this season. If anyone can think of any thing else to do to make it harder to get up and running, then do it. Then and only then it just might snow a little.

2. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

We can appreciate your comments. Looks like another "snow storm" headed away from us this weekend. Not asking for much just a few inches to trigger the contracts. YTD snow fall for the Dayton, Ohio winter of 2001-2002? .....1 inch!

I'm a team player but I'll keep my equipment "as is" thank you.;)

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

...then stay up late celebrating something. Or take a trip out of town.

4. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

WE have you beat on the total amount of snow for the season so far...still less then an inch..I've put all my snowplow stuff away...Maybe it will snow now..

5. BerksLawn

BerksLawn Junior Member

We haven't even see flakes yet :( maybe tomarow supose to start rain and become snow 1-3 inchs. Thing is it warms up when percipition is on the way. I'm goin to pray now.

Later,
    Steve

6. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

All ready to go here. Just need the white stuff so we can make the green stuff. Pretty sure we will get some type of event other then just rain. Can't wait to try out the new quad plow.
    Regards,
    Tim McGonigal
    RCI
    Atco, NJ

7. intimidator

intimidator Member

Just put everything in storage again today, and sent one plow to get sandblasted and re-painted, if that doesn't do it, I know its going to be a long winter (whats left of it), less than one inch so far.

Jason

8. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

For you historians, has there ever been a winter with only a trace of snow in the upper Illinois/Iowa area? Just curious.

9. Riledup

Riledup Junior Member

Hmmm, how about taking the plow off altogether and parking someone elses broken down, immovable truck in front of it. It is either that or flatout selling your plow that will bring snow... I am half tempted to head out/down to Buffalo... would probably all melt before I got there though. Good Luck, enjoy your time off!!:)

10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

This will bring snow - guaranteed. Go out of the snowplowing business. Sell all of your snow-related equipment. You will lose money on the sale. Then two days later you will be paying someone else big bucks to plow your driveway/lots.

11. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

maybe if we all go on vacation.

12. 95zII

95zII Junior Member

Up here we're trying to scare it off, both s-10s are ready and the 97 has the sander on it, but i can mount the plow in a matter of minutes. So if this doesn't scare it off, if necessary we can be totally functional in no time flat

13. Riledup

Riledup Junior Member

Being ready won't get you anywhere... see: Murhpy's Law...

Spend the cash, go buy a ticket to Bermuda or something, you can write it off later when you don't go...

14. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

Hey 95zII,
    I've been to Milton, Vermont. I interviewed at the Husky hot runner facility. Beautiful place but I couldn't talk my family into moving there. "If the wife's not happy ....none of us are happy".

15. qjet1

qjet1 Junior Member

How about us guys who got money up front and spent it ( ON MORTGAGE & EQUIPMENT) & are waiting for the cash caLLS SO WE CAN EAT?) The wife thinks I got money laying in the bank for Feb& March I had to tell her yesterday Thank GOD for Accts. Receivables from summer that covers ?Im not leaning on those who have no contrtacts I better get snow soon or maybe those prepays will disapear next season oh what a mind breaker I wish I was in Buffalo/ or not. Keep your sanity Boys. Invest in brandy.
    Ha-Ha

16. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Its times like this a good mix of seasonal accounts helps get you thru the slow times.I'm going to really start pushing seaonals,the new customers seem much more receptive to it,than existing ones.