1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NO SNOW! HELP ME!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowguy06, Feb 12, 2001.

1. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio

i haven't been on the forum for ages, it seems, mainly b/c of 1 thing: NO SNOW!!! I have been wondering when it will come back and it still seems like for ever. the high temp here is about 44, not too bad for february. what about you guys?

2. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

right now it's about 11F, and last night was pretty cold -18F. A lot of ice spot problem since few days, and it' not easy to find some salt, vendor are b.o.

[Edited by 4 Saisons on 02-12-2001 at 05:25 PM]

3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

El tiempo es loco! (The weather is crazy!)

Here (90 miles north of Toronto Canada) the weather has gone crazy: 12" of snow in 10 hours Thursday, rain - heavy most of the time - all day & night Friday (temperature +10 Celcius and my shop flooded Fri night!) blowing snow & whiteouts Saturday causing numerous accidents & highway closures, then down to -15 Celcius Sunday. (only about 1" of total accumulation Sat) Right now it is -5 Celcius. Likely more snow this week, right now there is lots of ice down there!

1975 GMC C-35

4. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Jeff,
    Nice to have you back.
    Since you had no snow,sounds like you don't have much to talk about.
    Anyway nice to hear from you again,hope everything is ok.:D

5. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

HEY i found the snow dance!! see it works! now if we will all run outside and do this it just might snow!!HA or we may get thrown in the loony bin :D:D:D

6. Black Ice Guru

Black Ice Guru Junior Member

it seems every time we get presip here its not cold enough to freeze! ive been thinking about moving to some of the lake effect snow areas in michigan. hehehe

7. plowguy06

plowguy06 Member
    from Ohio

it is the same here. it rains for a little but it's not hardly cold enough for snow, in any form.

8. allabout

allabout Member

No plowing for yr. 2001 . 3 salt runs. boy I need 1-2"of snow. Times running out 1 1/2 more month left till spring

9. GREG R

GREG R Junior Member

Same thing over here in marion ohio NO SNOW
    in feb not even any ice.. but my lawn equipment
    as been wash and waxed about 4 times.

10. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

Guys I can't sent you some snow, but fedex can carry my summer equipment to you...

just joking..

Denis

There is at least 24-30" of white stuff on the ground...Have to wait a long time before i could see some grass!!!

[Edited by 4 Saisons on 02-15-2001 at 11:52 PM]

11. earth works inc.

earth works inc. Member

No snow in dayton, but the lawn equipment will be ready to
    fire up real soon. We have had a lot of rain and maybe some
    snow on monday.

Got to get rid of the salt so that the mulch can take its place.