1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No snow for 2001

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by allabout, Feb 8, 2001.

1. allabout

allabout Member

It's been 6 weeks here in north west IL. with no snow maybe if I put the plows away it will snow! or a snow dance might help. ( nope just alot of rain & in the 50"s)

Mike

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Here's what I've done:

1. Put the plows away.

2. Took the spreader off the truck, and even put my tailgate back on.

3. Snow dance (don't ask)

4. Stood in my driveway with those orange flashlights trying to wave the snow in our direction.

5. Washed the truck.

6. Waxed the truck.

7. Washed the plow.

8. Havn't picked up any more salt in a few weeks.

Nothing has worked. I've been trying to find Mother Natures phone number on http://www.switchboard.com, but I havn't found anything yet. Does she have an e-mail address???

-Tim

3. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Tim,
    I have found Mother Natures number and her answering machine said "Hello this is Mother Nature" and this year is to prove two things.

1. I am running things and you must deal with it!!!

2. Every time you looked up and cussed me for raining on your barbecue, fishing, Nascar race etc. I heard and listened. How do you like me now!!!

LOL

Bruce
    Happy Plowing

4. SlimJim Z71

No Christamas card for her this year!!!

-Tim

5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

How do you keep breaking stuff if it doesnt snow?

6. plowjockey

Tim,
    I wrote that in good fun but now it is pouring down rain here. Do you think she really listens??
    Oh well at least it is precipitation.

Bruce
    Happy Mowing :D

7. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Tim -
    I am hopeful that yours and my prayers are going to be answered.

Just don't go and get hurt on us Okay?

Rick

8. SlimJim Z71

Bill,
    The only thing I've broken was my lung, and that was a little over a month ago when it actually WAS snowing. As of right now, the truck, the plow, and my spreader are working flawlessly.

Plowjockey,
    I think she's laughing, not listening.

Rooster,
    I hope that tonight will leave us with at least a plowable amount of snow. As far as getting hurt, I'm not making any promises. LOL

-Tim

9. plowjockey

Down here I'm glad that I have some weight in the trucks. We are supposed to get up to 50 mph winds today. Hold on to your hat and hopefully something that is anchored well.

Bruce
    Happy Plowing

10. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Hey its T-shirt weather hear boys. Had thunder and lightning last night and this morning. All the land mines from the dog are poking there ugly little heads out. Hope we get that freeze tonight, be a fun job for tommorow. Havn't had any pushible snow round hear in quite some time.I guess I should start thinking about pulling the boat out of storage. That would be sure bet for at least 2 more good snowfalls.
    T

11. plowjockey

T-Man
    I wouldn't get the boat out just yet. I just (100:00 A.M. Ohio time) looked at the weather (or not) Channel and it looks like all the junk is right on your doorstep or will be soon. Y'all have fun with the temp. drop turning you into "the frozen tundra".

Tim
    Like I told Mike I would like some snow but it is probably for the best that I don't have it. I got a virus (human not computer) and I think global warming has gone to my head.

Bruce
    Happy Plowing

12. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Next time we get snow I am trucking to you guys!
    I don't want anymore snow.Starting to rain today and suppose to get into the high 40's. We have had snow on the ground since Dec.29th.This is the longest I had ever seen it stick around!
    P.S. Maybe you could get big fans and change the jet stream.:eek:

13. plowjockey

Please do... and point them my way.
    I swear I'm about to change my "handle" to Snowless in Ohio. Gee maybe this would make a good movie title.

Bruce
    Happy Plowing

14. Mike Nelson

"Snowless in Ohio"
    Yes it does sound like a good movie title.
    Just wondering what the plot might be "you don't have any snow and you fall in love with a guy that does" :eek"
    Just wondering!

15. plowjockey

No I think it would be more like, since it rained last night, no snow stuck and stranded in the mud. Then, heaven forbid, have to call the wife to bring out the 4X4 to get me out. Ohh woe is me!!!

Bruce
    Happy Plowing

16. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Plow Jockey, it missed us again! We got just under a half an inch. Yippee nothing to plow again %#**#@! Get to stair at the rusting plow again while Im on land mine patrol tommorow. Oh well pray for some real snow.
    T

17. Mike Nelson

Well loaded the sanders again this morning just to keep them from blowing away.
    Temps 50-55 and wind gusts are about the same.Feels like spring out there.:D

18. earth works inc.

earth works inc. Member

HEY MIKE, IT GOT PRETTY WINDY HERE YESTERDAY. MY SALT TRUCKS DIDNT BLOW AWAY BUT My outside salt bin sure took a beating. My tarps were going everywhere. Finally gave up trying to secure it over the pvc frame and laid it over the bin.

Well plowjockey and myself could really use some snow. send us some over this way. Seven day forecast shows rain on thursday. O well who listens to the weather people.

19. plowjockey

Copy that earth works. At least our brethren in the north east have lots to do and we can hear about their exploits.

Bruce
    Happy Plowing

20. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Finally got a little snow, but mostly ice and sleet.

I did get paid to shave ice!

Snow cones anyone?

:)