1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No snow falling, so added lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bowtie_guy, Dec 13, 2014.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Well I had changed back lighting around a couple of years ago due to not using a back rack. This year I have re installed the back rack and decided to upgrade the lighting. Had a couple led lights under the bumper but they didn't really shine to well.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when someone posted their new back lights on here from XKGLOW.com

I checked out their site and ended up ordering some 60 watt lights.

Couple crappy cell shots from last night.

Have not aimed them yet but holy, already a night and day difference!

[​IMG]truck by funinmud, on Flickr

[​IMG]truck 2 by funinmud, on Flickr

[​IMG]truck 3 by funinmud, on Flickr

2. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

looking good!

3. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

wow those are really bright. Maybe they would be better under rear bumper. The bed of your truck really creates a shadow. Maybe its not as noticeable while in the drivers seat. Let us know how they work while plowing.

4. jrtcbmw

jrtcbmw Member

Ive noticed that having the lights on the backrack really light up distance wise, but i loose so much because of the bed, thats why i ordered a set of those flush mounted led lights that ill fit into my bumper to give off the light below the bed i need.

5. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Lol I did the same thing. But I out 4 ridgid industries LEDs on my flat bed. It's like the Suns behind me. I can see a mile down my road. Maybe a little too much light

image.jpg

6. 04trd

04trd Senior Member

Ahhh crap that's not the picture I want. There is another one with my bottom lights on. With those there isn't a dark spot behind the flst bed but you get the point

7. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Never can have too much light :). I just did this with some 48W led lights from ebay. Mounted a set to the BACKRACK and a set below the rear bumper. I love them. Re-wired all the lights on my truck with relays and everything while I was at it. I got the lights for $46 a set. I know they are not as nice as the ridgid lights but they do come with a 2 year warranty. We will see.

8. jrtcbmw

jrtcbmw Member

I have had good luck with the Ebay lights, I have 4 of the 3inch square ones on my back rack, they have been in use for over 2 years, and 2 of them spent i think a week in a bucket of water (not my fault, someone moved the bucked outside and it rained that day and i didnt notice until i was too late.) They work great now and are really bright, the one light lost 2 of its LED's but its not even noticeable.

I just ordered 2 more of the lights off ebay, the ones that are flush mount set up. Ill be putting them in my bumper, and wiring them up with the reverse lights, the back rack ones come on via switch.

Once all is done, ill post some photos.

9. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Nice lighting, I am adding some lighting to the back of mine as well. Just adding some additional brighter LED backup lights for now.

10. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

We put two led work lights on my 943 skid steer very impressed with them, got me thinking of some upgrades for other equipment.