1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no running lights on truck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Morrissey snow removal, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

2003 f350 has no front running lights but the rears work all the fues are fine does the harness have 2 different wires from the fuse panel for front and rear or is there a fuse i am missing thanks for the help

2. Morrissey snow removal

and the fog lights dont work

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Break out the owner's manual. It will have every fuse and where they go to. Check every fuse.

4. Morrissey snow removal

i used a test light to cheeck the all had power on both sides i did know if the is a relay

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Might be the switch...I can double ck my wiring manual later tonight when I get home and tell you wires to ck.

6. Morrissey snow removal

thank u that would help also the fog lights do work forgot the truck has to be on

7. dieselss

so to answer your first question,,,yes there is 2 different circuits for the parking lights. one goes to the front, the other goes to the rear.
    there are 2 fuses, f2.17 (15a) and f2.17 (30a) not sure if you have cab lights or not,,that would help in the diag tho.

8. dieselss

so onto the diag. fuse f2.17 sends pwr to the trailer tow relay, which branches off before the relay going outside the truck and splices off to the front parking lights.
    also showing a fuse f2.38 (20a)
    the whole circuit uses a bn wire,,,so that would be easy to trace.
    the books not showing where any splice or connector would be. so im not sure where the bn wire branches off to pwr both sides
    so im assuming that it branches off at the firewall,,or in the block of connectors on the drivers inner fender. one set would run along the drivers inner fender and the other would run on top of the firewall accross and over.
    hope this helps,,,,if you need more info lemmie know...i could even txt ya a pic if need be.

9. Morrissey snow removal

thank u looking into it today