1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Right side hi-beam

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by padec21, Dec 11, 2009.

1. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

Plow is an early 2000 MM1 RD. Previous owner switched out Fisher rectangle lights for Meyer Nite Sabres. I just noticed right side hi-beam doesnt work on plow. It will work on truck (2001 F250) without plow plugged in. I tried changing bulb but it still doesnt work. What else can I check. Are there separate fuses for left and right hi- beams? Does fisher have any of its own fueses somewhere on the truck?
    Thanks for any input
    Paul

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Take a test lead and supply ground and power to the light to see if it works. I'll see if I can't dig up a wire color for you.

Is this a new install on the truck as well?

3. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

no I bought the truck from original owner. he had plow installed.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

I would go back an check his splicing. Could be corrosion. What style harnesses do you have? 2 plug or 3?

5. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

its a 2 plug...would corrision cause just the hi-beam to go out? the low beam works fine.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

yes if it is that particular wire that has a bad or no connection. I shouldn't say that so quick.... I guess I would need to see how and where he spliced the lights into.

It maybe a bad plow side harness, or just one of his (or their) splices.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009