1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No replacement parts

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by hunter5492, Jan 5, 2010.

1. hunter5492

hunter5492 Junior Member

During the 10” snow fall on December 19, 2009 utilizing a 12’ Sectional Snow Plow on a Terex backhoe for 17 hours 2 plastic bushings were broken. I know that these were damaged by operator error, He was unfamiliar with the plow and exerted to much downward pressure. Other then this Plow did a great job.
    At this time I am still unable to purchase replacement parts from local dealer that is close to Staten Island named Westchester Machinery in New Jersey. I began calling them on the Dec 22, 2009 and again today January 5, 2009 and they still do not have replacement parts. They are saying it is Arctic that is causing the delay. Arctic is saying they are shipping the parts out at this time I do not know who to believe. All I know is that I do not have the parts. Today was the first time I questioned myself about purchasing these pushers. Does anyone else have a similar problem now that you must purchase parts from a dealer not direct from Arctic?

2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Yes, thats why I bought a case of blocks. And he didn't break a block because of the down pressure. It happens when an operator tries to stack snow like a protech box or a standard bucket does. I have replaced over 20 blocks due to this happening.

I can get you blocks if you want them. My dealer and myself stock lots of them.

$60 each, plus overnight shipping.

J.

3. hunter5492

hunter5492 Junior Member

:realmad:[Man $60.00 plus shipping sure hits a guy in the throat. No wonder why my local guy cannot get them. He must be selling them before he gets them because he told me that they were only $42.00 and no charge if I picked them up. Thanks for that info on how they broke I was under the impression he was pushing down to much on an angle because I seen him driving like that several times how do you recommend stacking the snow high. I never experienced one broken Bushing with my 8’ foot skid steer model after two seasons. Just a lot of rust.

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I bought mine from Northeast Snowfighters in MA ... But I also purchase 4 extra blocks just in case... no problems yet but give Beth a call (508) 881-4136 to see if they still have some available... and yes I paid $60 each when I bought mine also....

good luck

5. AC700EFI

AC700EFI Member

Yes Same Problem! We used to be able to order parts direct and from time to time got screwed around a little. Just called this week to get parts and were told We can now only buy through a dealer. We were paying $42.00 per block, now the (dealer) wants to charge $73.00 per pad! Better yet when I told him that I needed them right away he told me that he used thirty of them for his own rigs that night and he couldn't sell me any because his shop guy had spoken for them.This is the only dealer anywhere nearby . Way to go for customer service!! Looks like Arctic is going to be losing some customers, besides who would build the "worlds best" snowpusher if you can't stack snow with it!!! Looks like it's time to get creative in the fab shop.

6. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

You can stack snow with the Sectional you just need some skill as an operator. If you try to drive up the pile without lifting your loader arm you are going to break the poly spring blocks. Same holds true if you try to move frozen piles. Who was the dealer that wouldn't sell the blocks to you? And yes the blocks aren't cheap but the action of the sectional will save you thousands in salt usage, curb damage, equipment damage and most importantly it will save your operator from serious harm.