1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no prep package

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by alex1234, Feb 10, 2011.

1. alex1234

alex1234 Junior Member

hey guys, looking to get a plow for next season. i have a 2000 silverado 1500. i wanted to start getting my truck ready, unfortunately i dont have the snow plow prep package. my truck has a tranny cooler in it which i think would be good. some mods i was going to do are put in a bigger alternator, dual batteries and timbrens (front and rear). what do you guys think?
  2. 09Busa

09Busa Senior Member
    from NY

Best advice......go to college
  3. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

If you plan on a lighter weight plow (like a 7'6" straight) turn up the torsion bars, get an alignment and add timbrens. A bigger alternator and dual batteries are a good upgrade if your running a sander, or extra equipment that draw power, but if your just plowing it's not necessary. Also "add a leaf" kit can be a more economical way to increase your rear axle payload to haul ballast.
    All the best.