1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no power

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by apalermo, Nov 10, 2004.

1. apalermo

apalermo Member

hey gang,i did a few changes to my truck and still no power.no take off power.i changed the egr.like someone told me.nothing.changed even the plugs and put platinum plugs,better accelaration,but no take off power.what the f--- do i do.its nerve recking.i even changed the maps sensor.no change.the timing has been done but i think they did a crap job.very sluggish.do you think the oxygen sensor.let me know if any ideas.
  2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

What make, model, and year truck? How many miles? Fuel pressure is often over looked when trying to diagnose sluggish or no power problems. New fuel filter? Check or have fuel pressure checked. If it isn't in specs it will be a problem.
  3. andersonbldrs

andersonbldrs Member

How about catalytic converter plugged? no exhaust=no go
  4. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

Are you getting any detonation/pinging while accelerating under load? It could be the oxygen sensor. My truck was sluggish like you described and it was the sensor. I took it out and cleaned it very carefully and fixed my sluggishness problem. If you have a K&N filter and oil it too much it can give your oxygen sensor fits.