1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by D.L.Wade, Mar 2, 2010.

1. D.L.Wade

D.L.Wade Junior Member

I just got a new boss 9'2" v blade. I went to hook it up and the controller does not have power. I checked the 3 fuses I found. It worked fine two days ago when I unhooked it and now nothing. Any help would be great. :confused:
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Might be a dumb question but, did you turn your controller on?
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

GV likes the easy ones. :D

Probably in installation error since it's a fresh install.

1) Find the red/black power wire poking out of the control harness, should be somewhere under the dash. Be sure it's connected to a keyed ignition source and has 12V power.

2) Check the small brown wire, should be on the negative battery terminal but some installer take the easier route and just run it to anything grounded. Needs good ground to function, which is why it should always be placed directly on the neg battery terminal.

3) Will also have a small red wire, should be on the positive battery terminal. Be sure it has 12V on BOTH sides of the inline fuse holder.
  4. D.L.Wade

D.L.Wade Junior Member

Thanks for the help. I found the power wire under the dash unhooked. Now all I need is some snow so I can use this the plow.
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Dirt too good for you? :D

Good to hear it was an easy fix. :waving:
  6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

good you got it fixed, with all of the boss plows in our fleet, im pretty darn good at diagnostics now, especially after the crap with the 91 f150 and that "used" harness lol. Just a bunch of terminal corrosion all over from sitting in the garage at every end.

That 12v turn on wire is tricky :/