1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No power when I turn on controler switch

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chevy/GMC, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Everything worked fine last winter when I unhooked everthing, So today I go to hook up my 7.5 STD and NOTHING ???? I check all fuses I even checked the power and ground cables and both seem to be ok. I'm thinking my controler might be the problem but I'm not sure. Anyone have any idea. My plow is 10years old. Monday I'm going to try my controler on my father-in-laws truck when he gets back in town to see if it lights up or not. I don't see anything in my user manual on troble shooting for the controler.
  2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

You need to check that the controller is getting power in on the "black" wire.
    Can you switch from truck lights to plow lights with your key on?
    That would tell you that the relays are operating, if not check the fuse on the black with the red stripe under your dash.
    Also be sure the "brown" ground wire from the relays is connected to the negative terminal of the battery.
    See if that gets you going.

:rolleyes: John...
  3. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Still NOT WORKING !!!! This is driving me crazy !!!!!!

I havn't tried the light thing yet. But I did buy two new relays to see if that helped. $24 later and still NOTHING !!!!! WTF ?????????????????

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sounds like the red black key hot wire isn't getting power. Look in the fuse panel inside the cab. It should have a 10 amp (i believe) fuse in the fuse holder. Check there.
  5. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

Lights work? Just asking, after sitting all year, mine usually wouldn't completely wirk until I would scuff plow frame and truck frame for a good ground, and then it was touchy feely until a little use. I have found over the years that grounds are the major hurdle keeping the plows working. MUD
  6. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Please give our service technicians a call at 906.776.3500 and they will be happy to help you resolve this.
  7. Chevy/GMC

Chevy/GMC Member

Thanks to all that helped. I found my problem after calling Mike at Boss, it was at the fuse under the hood. It was corroded at the old glass fuse. I didn't't see it until I slid down the plastic fuse holder.

Thanks MIKE!!!!!!!