1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No power to pump motor

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ICindrich, Feb 4, 2006.

1. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

Here it is; I have power to battery side of solenoid/motor relay, power to the small post of the solenoid (when in cab switch is activated), good ground from pump motor to battery, power to plow side solenoids, but no power to the far side of the motor relay soleniod or to the motor. The motor runs if I hook it up to jump cables. Oh yeah, and it is a brand new solenoid mounted to the my fender via a the bolt that holds in the horn.

I am loosing my mind trying to fix this problem, so any help would be greatly apreciated!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
    Ivan

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If the solenoid only has on small terminal you might need to run a ground jumper wire from the mounting bolt to the battery. If its a 2 small terminal the orange/balck wire needs to go to ground on the battery.

3. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

I got it working today, it was a combination of problems 1) Solenoid was bad 2) Solenoid wasn't grounding when mounted to fender, ran a large gauge wire from solenoid to truck frame 3) little wires on little posts were backwards. Any way, plow works great now.

Ivan

4. hotham29

hotham29 Junior Member
    from buffalo

im having the same problem with my direct mount 8' western except i just bought a new solinoid today and i kno the pump works cause i can jump the positive wire from the plow to the battery and it turns on but when i try to connect power from the controller in the cab to the solinoid nothing happens maybe the wire coming off the controller has a break in it? i need help bad its really aggrivating me!