1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No power to plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Dec 14, 2013.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I went to hook up my mm2 to my 2006 2500hd.When I plug the plow into the truck I only have low and highbeams on the plow and no power to the fishstik.Both underhood fuses are ok

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Should be a fuse in the cab. It will be inline of the red wire off the control harness going to fuse box.

3. chevyzrule810

That fuse is ok.What would that have to do with the turn and running lights not working?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You didn't say your lights WEREN'T working you said they did but no clicker

5. chevyzrule810

I went to hook up my mm2 to my 2006 2500hd.When I plug the plow into the truck I only have low and highbeams on the plow and no power to the fishstik.Both underhood fuses are ok.

As the original post says I only have low and high beam plow side no turn,running or power to fishstik

6. dieselss

Start with your exact symptoms.
    No turn or running are direct wiring to the plow. Ck the trk to plow connections

7. chevyzrule810

I'm think it has something to do with the plug connections as the plow lights turn on when plugged in and will switch from low to highbeams.Maybe a broken wire inside the truck side as both the light and control harnesses on the plow are brand new last year

8. dieselss

Ok start with cking the parking and turn inputs at the truckside wiring and follow that to the ISO mod. Then back out then at the grill connector

9. jshocik

jshocik Member

You say you have new plug connections...are they replacement ends where wires had to be cut & the new end wires crimped on? If so, start checking the connections at the crimped ends as moisture & corrosion could have set in.

10. chevyzrule810

So I figured out the problem.Last week truck went dead after sitting for the weekend.I had a friend of mine do some testing and he found out the aftermarket radio was the cause.I have the positive red wire from the solenoid hooked to the battery positive terminal next to the power steering pump.He had disconnected the positive power wire from the solenoid but closed the plastic cover that goes over the terminal.Reconnected the power wire and plow is working again.Luckily I didn't have to do any testing just reattach wire.