1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no power to meyer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frozen1, Aug 17, 2004.

1. frozen1

frozen1 Junior Member

I posted this elswhere first and got no response... Hopefully someone here can help..

I have a meyer plow on a 99 Frontier, no power anywhere except between battery and solenoid. There is power going into the solenoid but none coming out... No power at switch either... Should I replace the solenoid ??

Also headlights not working, ID lights come on but no signals or highbeams...(on plow gear)

cheers..:confused: :confused:

2. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

first thing to look at is wether the soleniod is working. Have someone flick the switch while you listen. You should hear a clicking noise. If not, check and make sure the screws holding it in are well grounded. Also, make sure the little wire going to the little post on the soleniod has power when the switch is activated. If the mounting screw is grounded, and the little wire has power, then you have a bad solenoid.

3. frozen1

frozen1 Junior Member

Thanks for the info,

I replaced the switch and there is power... At first all I got was clicking at the solenoid and no power to motor. After some messing around I have power to the motor.. Lights are still messed up. The Plow was sitting in a garage for 2 yrs and the wiring on the truck was a bit of a mess so I am going to flush everything and clean it up as best I can well before the snow flies..

thanks again..

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Go to the Meyer web site for wiring diagrams. If I can help I'm right out here in Sackville N.S.

5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

6. frozen1

frozen1 Junior Member

Thanks guys I have allready checked both those links...

I pretty well have everything working. I have the older slickstick controller and this seems to be the problem. If I wiggle the base I can get the plow to lower. Can these be fixed ? Most of the info out ther is on the new contollers..

Also on the controller there are 2 toggle switches. What are they for ? 1 seems to be for power to the unit, the other ???

How should it be wired to the ignition ? Right now I have 2 wires coming into the main fuse box inside the truck, one with its own inline fuse. they have connectors thay allow them to be pushed under an existing fuse into a slot. Is this right ? Which slots should they be in??

Thanks and keep the info coming...