1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No power to left or right cartridge terminals

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by milk123, Feb 3, 2011.

1. milk123

milk123 Junior Member

Plowing today and it gave out. It won't go up, left, or right. At first while i was trouble shooting the top two valves were magnetizing and not the bottom one. now only the down one is working(top right). when i supply power to the terminals that have none, and leave on the regular ground, everything works. why have i lost the power to these two soleniods? just to add, motor runs on every function(except down), it's one of those sehp's

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

First things to look at would be the wiring, especially at the grill plug for breaks, test with another controller to eliminate that also.

3. milk123

milk123 Junior Member

not getting continutity on left angle. where's a good (cheap) place to get a controller if i need one?

4. milk123

milk123 Junior Member

Controller is fine. tried it on another truck. where to now?

5. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Sehp

Go to www.fisherplows.com on the home page click esearch option, type in 21935 and hit search, your SEHP Mechanics guide will come up, save this file. If your controller is good and the signal is not reaching the coils it has to be a wiring problem, so look at the wiring schematics it will give you the color and function of the wiring, also in there will be a diagram of the grill plugs to show where and what each pin is, check for continuity on your control wires from in cab control plug to grill plug (truck side) and from grill plug to coils (plow side).

6. milk123

milk123 Junior Member

Thanks guys. It was in the connector at the grill. Now that i've figured that out, i had just about every part out. now when i'm plowing and i try to pile the snow(raising as i go in) the plow angles to the left when i hit the pile. Any ideas?

7. dynamic

dynamic Junior Member

either the popet check valve is stuck open or you need a new cross over releif valve!