1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

no power to front diff actuator

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bob00, Oct 12, 2010.

1. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

hi, i got a 4X4 problem my front actuator stop working so i think ho that damm actuator fry again but on my 88 1500 i got the " upgraded verstion " with a plastic case and the 5 pin complicated connector with only 3 wire that go somewere how to i test it? were do i supply power to see if it fry or not? here is small description of the plug actuator side

0 0

also i notice i got no power at the axle plug were the normal verstion plug in
    so were is located the actuator switch?? i don t want to start taking stuff appart if a dont need to

thank

2. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Honestly man, google for a manual-activation switch setup. Its a couple hundred $$ and saves all the BS. Those actuators are junk, and always will be junk. I dealt with it on a truck once, but you spend so much time & money messing around with the electric ones that it makes sense to get a manual cable style actuator and be done with it.

3. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

4. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

wow thanks for the link i probly go with this option

i used to get the diff engage by taking the the actuator off putting a lug nut inside and putting it back in as another member told me some times before it work but you know its less trouble wehn it work the way its suppose to