1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No power to Fishstick

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Buster F, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Hey fellas, went to hook up my mm2 to my 06 F150 and have no power to the controller. I have power to my switched tap wire, power to the 15 amp fuse, power to the iso mod (i even went so far as to swap in my spare iso mod), cleaned and inspected all ground and power connections, inspected all 3 plugs and still nothing. The headlights do work when connected. Will a bad solenoid cause no power to the control? Tomorrow i'm going to try hooking up to another 3 plug mm i have and at least isolate my problem to either truckside or plowside - til then i thought i'd pick your brains a bit. Much thanks, Roy
  2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

unplug the controller and check to see if you have power there.....if not run all the wires we had a mouse chew through like 5 wires and we didnt have power to the controller in one of our trucks
  3. searay220

searay220 Member

I have the exact same trouble. I don't have any power to the fish stick. I do have power from the tap to the control module.Any suggestions??????????
  4. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

i would first try to plug an extra controller into the truck to see if the problem lies with the controller . i have a 9 ft x blade that crapped out last year during our biggest storm. checked everything turned out to be a blown blinker bulb. i know the fish stiks are tempermental once they are a couple years old i would find a buddy and rule out the controller if you open it up you will see why they go bad so serviceable parts just a microproceser.
  5. searay220

searay220 Member

I took a test light and I don't have power to the connector where the fish stick plugs into the wiring harness.
  6. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I never found the source of my problem and i tried everything. What i wound up doing was jumping power from my switched controller lead (red wire to fuse box) and tapping it directly to the red/yellow wire on the harness side of the controller plug. So far i've plowed 32 hrs with no further problems and plan on leaving it the way it is for now. Good luck, Roy
  7. searay220

searay220 Member

Well I found my problem today. When I was cleaning all the connections I connected the small red wire to the bottom lug of the relay and not the top. The top takes the power from the battery and the thin red wire jumps off that power and feeds the hand controller. Well you live and learn after wasting a good part of the day. Oh well...
  8. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I had the same problem last week, it seemed like everytime i was in front of a driveway it crapped out(fishstik) I have an extra and same deal there too..I just wiggled a few wires under the dash and saw the pwr light go on and off so i followed the red wire going to my fuses and it's a little loose..Had me worried...Took like 5 min to figure it out, wish everything took 5 min to fix.....
  9. searay220

searay220 Member

Wow, it's great to see all the Mass people posting on this site.