1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No power to fishstick,plow lights don't work

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by elliesdad, Nov 28, 2010.

1. elliesdad

elliesdad Junior Member

I have a 97 gmc 3500 dually 6.5 turbo and a fisher 9' plow with SEHP. I hooked up the plugs, only got driverside marker light on the plow lights. My truck lights stayed on, when I hit the power button on the fishstick the light did not come on. I am new to the SEHP system had an under hood hydrolics with my last truck could figure that out not this time around. I have had the truck since September of this year had the plow on a couple times from then till now worked really good, although the plow light plug is sketchy the prongs have seen better days "not sure if this could be the cause". Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.....Thank you for your time :confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's likely your problem. The plugs have to be in near perfect condition and require routine cleaning maintenance and gentle handing to be reliable. Probably time for at least a new plow side repair plug.

3. elliesdad

elliesdad Junior Member

I will try that out....thank you

4. elliesdad

elliesdad Junior Member

still no power to fishstick and lights

i replaced the 9 pin plug as suggested to me in a earlier thread. hooked everything back up and still nothing. i am new to using test ligjts and stuff like that, but i probed into the battery cable from the thing mounted on the frontend to the battery. I got a light so i assume it is hot. i probed the plow side cable and there was nothing not even a flicker. could or does this mean that the thing mounted to the front end is faulty/bad? and if someone could educate me as to what that thing is called.....thank you for your time:dizzy:

5. elliesdad

elliesdad Junior Member

now i know the thing on the front end is called a motor relay...could that be the issue? i also read about people and fuses any clue where i can find these fuses? my system is an older fisher minute mount SEHP.....

6. elliesdad

elliesdad Junior Member

Ok changed the plug...still nothing. I checked the battery cable coming out of the motor relay to battery had power. Checked the ploside battery cable nothing. Could it be the motor relay is the problem? Also any clue where I can find the fuses so I can check to see if it that?

7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Should be an inline fuse under your dash probably,should be a red wire and it will go to the fuse box,make sure you have juice in there as well

8. elliesdad

elliesdad Junior Member

Yup it was the inline fused red wire under the dash. Must've unplugged it on accident from the fuse box, working now thank you so much for your advice