1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

No Power to Fisher M2M Plow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SunshinePools, Nov 21, 2014.

1. SunshinePools

SunshinePools Junior Member

I have no power to my Fisher Plow. I have a M2M plow with 2 plugs and a 3 port module. The power light is Off at the control. I checked for voltage at the plug and there is power there. I checked for voltage at the Motor relay and there is power there. There is no power at the Hydraulic Unit. I changed the Motor Relay with a new one and still having the same problem. My lights work. I have another plow I hooked my truck up to and the same issues. No power but the lights work. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  2. dd3brand

dd3brand Junior Member

There is a 10 Amp fuse off the harness...probably near the Isolation module. Check to ensure the fuse is good and engaged tightly in the socket.

3. SunshinePools

There were 2 fuses off the harness near the motor that I replaced anyways.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Is this a new install? If so make sure the two 4 pin plugs are connected to the correct places. The one midway down control harness goes to light harness, the one at end of harness goes to battery harness.

5. SunshinePools

I have plowed with the truck for 2 winters. I was getting it ready for this winter when I found my problem.
    I'll double check the plugs.

6. kimber750

Unless someone has messed with wiring that won't be the issue. Being 2 plug I am assuming it is fleet flex, There should be two fuses out on the plow itself under the plastic cover. Also make sure all your connections are clean. Do plow lights come on?

7. SunshinePools

I changed the fuses at the plow under the plastic cover. Where are the fuses you were talking about?

The plow lights do come on.

8. kimber750

Ok, that was the two I was talking about. There are two more under the hood by the module. Do you have access to another control to try? Maybe short chain and go to dealer, they should let you try another control.

9. SunshinePools

ill check the ones under the hood. There is no power light on at the control inside the truck.

10. kimber750

If everything worked fine and no one has messed with it you got a short in wiring, fuse or control problem. Also make sure bumper connections are clean.

11. SunshinePools

I just looked under the hood of the truck and was unable to find anymore fuses. The only fuses I have found are under the black plastic cap over the plow motor. Those fuses are good. I'll get another control and see if that works. Thanks for your help.

12. jshocik

jshocik Member

You don't say what type of controller you use. Try another controller. If you use a fish-stik, check the plug where the controller plugs into the harness.

13. SunshinePools

I have a fish stick and I double checked the plug

14. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

any updates on this problem?

15. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

How bout checking the red wire that comes off the control harness inside under the dash? See if there is 12v switched power there. Ignition must be on. If there's no power there, trace it back to wherever it is tapped into.
    My buddies truck had a fuse tap in the fuse box on the cig lighter plug circuit, the fuse had blown, cutting power to the control harness when plow plugged in. He had the same issues.

16. SunshinePools

Ill check it out. Thanks,

17. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

You need to locate and check the fuses under the hood. they're broken out of the lighting harness near where it plugs into the iso module at locations B and C. Two 10 amp fuses in a single capped fuse holder... one of them is the controller fuse. And as 07PSDCREW said, confirm 12V at the red wire from the control harness in the cab.

18. SunshinePools

Are you referring to the hood of my truck or the black plastic hood which has the plow motor and module in it? I have checked and changed the two fuses under the black plastic hood at the plow motor and module. I have not been able to find any fuses under the hood of my truck. The fuses I found have the number 4 on them. Here is a picture of them.

plow fuses.JPG

19. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

No. The fuses I'm referring to are under the hood of your truck, located in a holder as you have pictured there. They are in the lighting harness as I described in my previous post.

20. SunshinePools

I'll check it out and let you know.

Thanks